Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cards, Shrinky Dinks and Buttons

A graduation card commissioned by my daughter. This time I went with silver and white just cause I thought it was pretty. Instead of using vellum for the bottle I used white card stock and spritzed it to a shiny silver finish. I still love making those feathers.

I have used this silver printed paper with script on it for quite a few project, it's one of my favorites.
My best friend has played the piano since I've known her. Recently she decided to take piano lessons to sharpen her skills. Every so often she'll send me a video of her latest triumph. Her first one was "Over The Rainbow" and I may have sobbed all the way through it.
I wanted to send her a simple thank you for letting her know how much I appreciate her music. I embossed the packaging of the embossing folder I used here because I liked the pretty blue color. The musical border is from a new die Valerie bought me, I love it! I even spritzed it with some Night Magic (by Avon, it's what I wear), because she likes that sort of thing.
I played around with some shrink art and a darling stamp Dawn surprised me with. I made a Mother's Day card using this stamp for my best friend and I thought it would make a nifty magnet.
I colored it with markers before shrinking and I like how bold the colors are, but the Shrinky Dink itself came out kind of wonky. I should have baked it in the oven instead of using my embossing heat gun. Next time...
 
I'll leave you with some of my buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind