Sunday, June 16, 2013

Playing With Laser-Cuts

The other day a crafty friend of mine sent me some laser-cut chipboard forms. I spent most of the day yesterday at my craft table and had so much fun playing with these.

Butterfly
Painted with, believe it or not, metallic water colors. Dawn spoiled me with a couple of sets of this remarkable Twinkling H2O paint, and the other day I bought another one (yay for 1/2-off coupons!), so I think I now have them all. Everything I've painted with this stuff turns magical.

Hot air balloon
I stamped this with a variegated ink pad then embossed it with 4 layers of clear embossing powder. With the exception of the multiple layers of embossing, this was the easiest piece out of the bunch to make and my second favorite. Valerie said it needs to be framed somehow, so I'm kicking around some ideas for that. 

Dress form, Irises and Star
 
Stamped with various colors of Dew Drop inks then embossed with 2 layers of clear embossing powder. The star has sparkly embossing powder on it. I'm not sure if I'm done with the dress form yet, I might add a tiny bow, bobble or pearls at the waist.

Window
I love, love, love the texture of this one! I stamped various colors of ink on it, then embossed it with 1 layer of super thick clear embossing powder & 1 layer of the regular type. Then I dabbed on all sorts of pretty colors Inka Gold metallic paste, which is a fun process for me. Lately, I've been digging collaged backgrounds in subtle pastel colors, and I think I achieved that on a few of these pieces. I like the use of real lace in the windows, it's sweet and now I want a window like that.

I'm not sure what craft project I'll be using these with, but in the meantime, I need to get a binder or something to store these in so they won't get all bendy. I love spending time at my craft table and this day was extra fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind