Wednesday, July 31, 2013
I applied a very thin coat of red alcohol ink on the roses and green on the leaves. I added some red and pink metallic rub on the roses. I didn't use ink on the rest, just the rub; green on the gentleman's coat and hat, and pewter on his hair. The dogs are a dark grey. The lady's dress and hat are purple, her umbrella is blue.
I could not be more pleased with the results. For a change, something turned out exactly how I pictured it in my mind. Next time I go thrift shopping, I'll look at these old brass plates in a whole new light!
Saturday, July 27, 2013
The two kits to make Dorothy's house and the Emerald City were the most difficult to put back. It would be fun to put those together with the movie playing in the background. But I'm honestly okay with not having them. I have so much Wizard of Oz packed away, what good is it doing me if I can't even see it? Time to do some donating.
Sunday, July 21, 2013
I had a lot of fun making a few cards and playing around a bit with paints. Since I have so many cards to share, I'll save the ones of my painting for the next post. I also have a note card project I'm excited to have completed, so I'll share them and the details next time as well.
This little lovely was simply for the pleasure of it. The background was an experiment in collage stamping that I thought had gone bad, but when I cut it down to card size I decided it wasn't such a disaster after all. The lanterns were cut with a die then stamped with matching stamps, colored with yellow watercolor pencils and covered with Glossy Accents to make them look as if they are burning bright.
Looking back through this post made me realize how busy I've been at my craft table. I like that. A lot.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Tombow Mono Multi glue worked wonders.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
I'm glad I didn't pass up this $2.99 deal at Savers!