Friday, January 11, 2013

Elephant Girl

When I made my New Year's cards with this stamp from La La Land Crafts, Valerie liked them so much she asked me to make her one with an elephant theme she could frame. (Anytime my family asks me to make them something it tickles me to no end!) So I found a couple of scraps of the elephant textured scrapbooking paper I had leftover from her card-holder and went to work.
I stamped and embossed her using detailed black embossing powder, which gave it a much more finished look than just stamping with black ink. I used a yellow Inktense pencil for her hair and glitzed her up with Stickles. I also added a little clover of hearts to her hat, a nod to Valerie's love of her dog Clover.
I inked the edges of the background paper and mounted two of them to grey card stock. To give it some depth I popped up the top two layers along with the little girl. My daughter had a 5"x 7" glass memory box on hand that provided lots of room for using pop-dots, so that is her new home.
I love how she turned out, but more importantly, so does Valerie!

2 comments:

Please be kind