Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Did A Little Crafting
Even though I've been fighting this dang flu thing (cough, sore throat, stuffy head, no energy), I managed to do a little crafting.
This is probably my most favorite card I made so far. Dawn bought me different-sized acrylic people buttons, so I used one of the ladies, isn't it fabulous? I threaded it with some twine (from the Christmas Advent calendar goodies, see December) and tied it in a little bow.
I am in love with that twine, can you tell?
The "Crafted by" is a rub-on. I like how it looks like it's printed with glossy ink.

I also made Deni a Valentine's Day card. It's a bit on the gaudy side, but he liked it anyway.
Valentine's Day is also the anniversary of our first date, so I made up this silly ditty for the inside. "Roses are red, violets are blue, today is special, cause it's our anniversary, too!" I'm such a dork.
The polka-dotted frame and little tag on the back was cut using my Vagabond and a Nestabilities frame die. The hearts were made with a Martha Stewart punch. (Dawn made a heart banner for one of her co-workers' birthday by threading them on thin ribbon and it turned out adorable!) I could have printed out the text, my handwriting is just awful, but I think it gives it a more personal touch.
Next time I'll post photos of the rosettes I made, I'm so excited to have the die!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE the Thank you card! I think it came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I like the front, the inside is over-kill.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind