Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Absence Unintended

 Photo by Martha Robison

I can't believe we're in the midst of March. So much has happened this year already it's impossible to post it all. But the most important event in my life is the loss of my big sister Martha on February 11, 2015.

Marty fought the good fight all of her life without complaint. We talked, texted and/or spoke on the phone daily. She was my life-long best friend, confidante, cheerleader, personal comedian and prayer warrior. My life is forever changed, but so is hers...she's pain free and dancing down streets paved with gold!

Life is different without my sister in it. I don't know if I'll ever get used to this new norm. I thought losing my mom was tough, but man, this has been a punch in the gut like nothing I've ever experienced. I guess it speaks volumes about our relationship and the impact she's had on my entire life.

There were approximately 400 people in attendance at Martha's memorial service. Talk about speaking volumes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting again! I was just going to email and ask if you were stopping or if you were going to continue with it.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind