I stamped her on a piece of mixed-media paper with black Versafine archival ink, and instead of paper-piecing her outfit with an already printed piece of card stock, I stamped the skirt with a floral pattern using a pigment ink. This is important because I wanted it to soften the stamped image a bit and pick up some of the purple color when I brushed over it with a water brush. It wasn’t quite as dark as I wanted, so I gave it another coat with purple metallic water color.
It didn't matter that the stamping and coloring went outside the lines because it was cut out and pieced together later. I must say, knowing I didn't have to be particular while coloring it made it even more fun.
I used a gel pen to color her hair and the top of the dress and headband, and gave the top a once over with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen. A piece of lace and a flower made of confetti with a pearl at the center was added to her waist. Her face, drawn free-hand, finished it up.
The stamping/water-color process was new-to-me, and drawing features