Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've been busy making cards the last week or so, go me! This one is for one of my daughter's co-workers. She loves bunnies, so it gave me an excuse to break out this little darling again. Sparkly paper was used for the background with an overlay of subtle flowers. I used a few strips of Washi tape underneath her name, which helped me with the placement. I'll have to use this trick again. BTW, I'm really loving this Washi tape I bought at Costco a while back!
I cut the sentiment from a birthday die to add even more sparkle, because, c'mon, there can never be too much of the shiny. It actually looks more readable in real life.

The next one is a baby card for the birth of my grand-niece. The only thing I didn't use from this gathering were the bows, I just couldn't work them in. I made it in soft green colors to match the baby-themed Smash Book we're sending to her parents.

This is a card for yet another of my daughter's co-workers, belated as well. I cut the shape from one of my dies, kept it in place then inked the edges (just as I did for the Saint Patrick's Day birthday card last month); it frames it so nicely. I stamped the image of the vase, embossed it in silver and colored it in with pink and blue colored pencils. I glued it to a piece of cardstock to give it more stability so I could pop it up with pop-dots.
I just picked up the little wooden butterfly at the bottom of the card (it was in a pack with assorted wooden insects), and thought it would be pretty if I took some pink and blue ink to it. When it was dry I put two layers of brown pop-dots underneath 3 of the wings so it would look like it was hovering a bit over the corner of the centerpiece.
I kept the inside simple by stamping a sentiment and using a strip of printed paper that matches the front.
Between the cards and the rosettes I've had a very productive couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind