Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!

 
I'm still in love with this little bunny girl stamp. She's a lot tinier than she looks here and I think that's part of her charm. I stamped her with black Versa-fine permanent ink and colored her in with Faber-Castell colored markers (thank you, Valerie!).

After coloring the dresses I spritzed a little Color Shine on my craft mat and used a fine paint brush to paint the dresses so they would sparkle. Her shoes and rose got a coat of Glossy Accents, her ears a touch of sparkly clear Stickles. The ears weren't glued down so they could be bent forward, a touch I think makes her that much more adorable.

The "Spring has sprung" piece was stamped on polka-dotted paper, cut out and popped up with a pop-dot. On the inside I added 3 tiny confetti eggs to the corner.
 

Along top are 3 strips of Washi (paper) tape I picked up at Costco a while back. I matched them to the colors of each dress. I used two strips of grass stickers along the bottom, placing them so that some of the strands of grass covered her shoes so it looked more like she was standing in the midst of it.

I wanted to make more, but her little legs were a booger to cut. I'm mailing them so late in the game I decided to make them Spring cards instead of saying happy Easter. Think anyone will notice?

4 comments:

  1. I love the washi tape! It's such a nice touch! It looks like a big fluffy tree bending down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was going for, thank you! Made my day.

      Delete
  2. I know I love my card - it arrived today! A definite up on the fridge card - but then all your cards are on display either on my fridge or hanging on the wall on my work cubicle. They make me feel warm & fuzzy when I look at them - thanks Dorothy!

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Janis! I'm so glad they make you feel that way, that's the ultimate compliment for me. You're gonna run out of room soon!

      Delete

Please be kind