Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Own URL and Some Organization

My daughter Dawn gifted me with my own URL a while back and I never did anything with it. She surprised me the other day by pointing my Tumblr it! Thank you, Dawn, I feel all official now!

While I'm on the subject of my awesome daughters, I want to thank Valerie once again for organizing our DVDs. We pulled the set of drawers and matching cabinet from the living room and moved them into my bedroom because they seemed more at home there along side the eclectic beachy-buttony decor.

We weren't sure what we were going to store our DVDs on, so I was pumped when I came across some bamboo and metal racks at Costco. I bought two of them, assembled them and tried them out for size. Much to my delight I discovered I could actually get four of those suckers to fit on either side of the fireplace! So Valerie and headed over to Costco and bought six more, set them up and while we yacked with my sister Martha, Valerie unpacked the boxes and bins and put everything in place.


This is the shelving before it was discovered
I had it stacked wonky, but you get the idea


The shelves are nothing fancy, but they sure look hecka better than the stacks we had goin' on. We all agree, they open up the living room and actually make it look extra wide. Since the DVDs aren't very pretty to look at, we're hoping to install some type of cover, be it fabric or something along the lines of those drawstring shades made of wood, straw or bamboo. Whatever we decide we're just happy to have finally done something with that wall. Yay, us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind