Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy birthday to Deni!

My hubby is one of those people who has gotten a gazillion birthday gifts with a "BTW, this is for your birthday AND Christmas." Poor guy. So anyway, I always make sure we celebrate his birthday (the 22nd) separate from the holiday hustle and bustle. Since we all have to work tomorrow, two of us work swing and the other two work days with no way for all of us to be together at once, we gave him his gifts a day early.

I picked up several Hallmark ornaments from his favorite Christmas story (Rudolph, the stop-action version from eons ago) and a refill kit for his rock tumbler. The one I was really excited about giving him was the two San Jose Sharks tickets and he was mondo happy to get them! They're a set of tickets I bought from a season ticket holder a while back and I've been bustin' at the seams to tell him about them, they're fantastic seats! Since Valerie and I both have to work the night of the game Dawn will be accompanying him to help him cheer his favorite sports team on to victory, lucky duckies.

The girls spoiled him rotten with gifts like add-ons for his World of Warcraft game (from Dawn) and some awesome Bose speakers for his computer (from Valerie, they sound fabulous, dalink!). We all got a kick out of the Hallmark Star Trek ornament Dawn gave him, a communicator that makes that neat-oh noise when it's opened. There's also buttons to push to listen to phrases from The Captain, Spock and a few other cast members, all original recordings. I know, we're dorks, but it's pretty cool. Deni and I have been rockin' out to the sounds coming from those speakers and let me tell you, I'm gonna have to get me some of those, too, wow!

The weather is cold and wet, and the hot tub is screaming for me to jump in so I'm off to warm up these ol' bones.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind